Sunday, October 21, 2007

The birth of the Mortgage Matters blog

Well hello and welcome to the Mortgage Matters blog - I'm your host Marshall Spencer, AMP and this is my initial post! I'll be using my 24 years of mortgage industry experience to help you navigate the world of mortgages here in Ontario and try to provide some useful tips and links to other resources too.

To introduce myself a little more, the AMP after my name stands for "Accredited Mortgage Professional" which is a designation earned through the Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals (CAAMP) formerly known as the Canadian Institute of Mortgage Brokers and Lenders (CIMBL). Only by succesfully completing both mandatory and approved elective continuing education courses, meeting a requirement for experience in the industry and following a professional code of conduct and ethics is a member of CAAMP is eligible to use the AMP designation. It is something all consumers should ask about when dealing with a mortgage professional whether buying or refinancing.

CAAMP is a national organization which works to link together mortgage professionals across Canada - there are also several international members too!

In addition to being a CAAMP member for many years, I am also a member of the Independant Mortgage Brokers Association of Ontario (IMBA), a provincial body with much the same mandate as CAAMP and serve on their seminar committee. IMBA has also recently introduced a professional designation Certified Professional Mortgage Broker (CPMB) and Certified Professional Mortgage Agent (CPMA). When I'm not busy arranging mortgages, servicing the clients or mortgage agents I work with or blogging about mortgages, I hope to satisfy the requirements of the CPMB. I am strongly committed to professionalism and continuing education to keep serving the industry to the best of my ability.

I'm excited to bring my knowledge and experience into cyberspace and onto your monitor. Let's get ready to demystify mortgages, explain product benefits and compare their differences and how to get debt free faster. Look forward to the next time - bye for now. Don't forget ... your mortgage matters.

Marshall Spencer, AMP
Vice-President, Business Development
Real Mortgage Associates Inc.
http://www.rmabroker.ca/

No comments: